Do You Suffer From Neuropathy?
If you are suffering from numbness and or tingling, the team at Olathe Chiropractic is ready to help.
New Patients receive up to 3 FREE Neuropathy Treatments (a $537 Value)!:
- 30 minutes of Celluma Light therapy to improve blood flow and decrease pain.
- 30 minutes of Rebuilder electrical therapy to help rebuild damaged nerves.
- 1 Solutions4 Cardio Health Essentials that provides a therapeutic dose of L-Arginine, L-Citrulline and CoQ10 for blood vessel dilation.
- 1 Medical wrap with pharmaceutical grade Niacin to aid in detoxification.
Call (913) 732-0087 now to schedule a consultation with one of our doctors to get you started immediately!
The word neuropathy is an umbrella term that encompasses quite a few different disorders. All of the conditions contained with the branch of neuropathy involve damage or defects within the peripheral nerve system, which branches out from the spinal cord and brain. When pressure on a major peripheral nerve blocks its signal, you can end up with a wide variety of seemingly unrelated symptoms. Finding the cause of these symptoms often feels like a hunt for a needle in a haystack. However, visiting our team of nerve experts at Olathe Chiropractic could help you pinpoint the irritated or injured structure in just a few visits.
What Types Of Neuropathy Do You Treat?
We can help you diagnose and treat all of the major types of neuropathy and their symptoms. Depending on the cause, you may be able to eliminate the condition completely or control it with regular care. The three main branches of these disorders are:
- Polyneuropathy – when damage irritates all of your peripheral nerves or a number of them, it’s considered polyneuropathy regardless of the cause.
- Mononeuropathy – a single nerve become damaged or compressed in this case, as with Carpal Tunnel syndrome or radial nerve palsy.
- Multiple mononeuropathy – as its name suggests, these conditions involve damage to two separate nerves at the same time.
Some forms of neuropathy cause inflammation constantly, leading to chronic pain and fatigue. Others only trigger symptoms when irritated by exercise or poor posture, while a few come and go at random.
What Causes These Types Of Nerve Damage?
Unfortunately, about 30% of all neuropathy is diagnosed as idiopathic. This means that the physician could find no clear cause of the pain, which complicates treatment in most cases. Our diagnostic tools can help you determine if your condition is truly idiopathic or if there is a hidden cause we can treat. Our team in Olathe can rule out the most serious and life-threatening causes first. Another 30% of nerve issues are caused by the damaging effects of diabetes. High blood sugar levels severely damage nerves, leading to further complications that only make it harder to stay healthy with this disease. The rest of neuropathy cases are linked to conditions like:
- Alcoholism, especially addictions that stretch over decades
- Exposure to toxins and heavy metals
- Tumors – even benign lumps can put serious pressure on a nerve bundle
- Chronic diseases like HIV, AIDS, hypothyroidism, and Lyme disease
- Diseases and conditions that affect kidney and liver function
- Nutritional imbalances that lead to B vitamin deficiencies
- Sudden trauma or daily habits, such as poor posture and a lack of ergonomic office equipment
The Most Common Symptoms Of Neuropathy
Serious cases of nerve compression or damage can cause paralyzation, loss of consciousness, or breathing problems. However, these severe cases are extremely rare. The most common forms of peripheral neuropathy trigger symptoms like:
- Foot & ankle pain
- Inflammation in the knees, calves, or shoulders
- Limited range of movement
- Numbness & tingling in the extremities and limbs
- Weakness or tremors
- Headaches & migraines
- Chronic pain & fatigue
- Stiff neck muscles
What Services Do You Offer For Neuropathy Patients?
Due to the numerous and varied causes of neuropathy, it’s likely than any one of Olathe Chiropractic’s services could help relieve your symptoms. Patients dealing with permanent damage or chronic conditions that won’t go away often find regular electrostimulation and massage therapy keeps the symptoms under control without medication. Chiropractic adjustment, physical therapy, and inflammation injections can also make a huge difference if you are suffering. Many patients find out that they have severe nutrient deficiencies after a nutritional assessment and are amazed to see their symptoms disappear once they change to a balanced diet.
Free Neuropathy Consultation
If you are suffering from numbness and or tingling, the team at Olathe Chiropractic is ready to help. Olathe Chiropractic provides specialized treatment plans for neuropathy in Olathe and can help you understand where your symptoms are coming from and what it will take to improve.
Call (913) 732-0087 today to schedule your free consultation!