What Is Kinesio Taping?
The Kinesio Taping® Method is a rehabilitative taping technique that is designed to facilitate the body’s natural healing process while providing support and stability to muscles and joints without restricting the body’s range of motion. It also provides extended soft tissue manipulation to prolong the benefits of manual therapy administered at our clinic. The Kinesio® Taping Method is applied over muscles to reduce pain and inflammation, relax overused or tired muscles, and support muscles in movement on a 24-hour-a-day basis. It is not a restrictive type of taping and allows for full range of motion. In contrast, traditional sports taping is wrapped around a joint strictly for stabilization and support during an athletic event.
Olathe Chiropractic Clinic uses Kinesio® Tape is used to treat headaches to foot problems and everything in-between. Examples include rehabilitation from sports injuries, carpal tunnel syndrome, lower back strain/pain (subluxation, herniated disc), knee and shoulder conditions, and many more. Kinesio® Tape is Latex-free and is wearable for days at a time. It safe for all ages and skin types.
How is Kinesio Tape Different from other Tapes?
• 100% High Grade Cotton – for comfort and air-permeability
• 140% Elasticity – same flexibility as human skin and muscles
• Heat Activated Adhesive – very light, mild, and hypo-allergenic
• 100% Latex Free
• Air permeable, microscopically lifts the skin, channels away moisture
• Durable – average usage allows 3-5 days per application
• More Economical – usually 8-10 applications per roll of tape
Call Olathe Chiropractic today at (913) 732-0087 for your free consultation to see if Kinesio Taping might be a good option for you! We also offer many other rehabilitation services that can help you feel better in no time!